We all know that one-on-one time with your partner is important to keeping your relationship happy and healthy, but it can be tough to come up with new, creative ideas for dates. Here are some simple, low-key date ideas that are certain to keep the spark alive.
1. Too exhausted by 9pm to think about going out for the evening? How about a brunch or lunch date? You’ll save money too; lunch menus prices are usually lower than dinner. Try Indigo Landing in Alexandria where you can enjoy panoramic views of the Potomac and DC skyline while you sip a Bellini made with house made strawberry puree.
2. Errands. We realize this doesn’t sound like the most romantic date, but once you have children you can really appreciate how lovely it is to get errands done by yourself. You and your partner can talk and spend time together while you check things off of your to-do list.
3. Perils of the Lost Jungle Mini Golf at Woody’s in Herndon. This place gets rave reviews for its adventure-themed course and was rated one of the top 5 mini golf courses in the country by Newsweek Magazine.
4. Bowling. Enjoy some friendly (and flirty) competition in an old school date night kind of way.
5. Take a walk in a park. Bring a blanket and a cooler and relax outdoors; you may even fall asleep. New parents, doesn’t that sound amazing?
6. Couples massage. Not too expensive, very intimate, loving, and shows appreciation. Not to mention a true stress and tension reliever. Red Door Spas throughout the area, and also Massage Envy are all offering Father’s Day specials!
Why not let Metro Parent Relief send a nanny or sitter so you may enjoy some well-deserved couple time?