Halloween Costume Contest Rules
Official Rules for the Mommy Relief Children’s Halloween Costume Contest
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees of Mommy Relief as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each employee, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Mommy Relief (Stonehouse Staffing), 400 S Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046 (“Sponsor”). This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. How to Enter:
a. Online Entry: Between 09:00 AM ET on October 19, 2012 and 12:01 AM ET on November 5, 2012, visit the Mommy Relief Facebook Page, Like the page, if you don’t already, and follow the instructions to complete the online entry form and submit your picture of a child in a Halloween Contest. Enter online via Facebook Application, Costume Contest. Entries are based on submission of a picture of children in costume. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods. By entering, you agree to receive periodic e-mail updates from Sponsor, but you may opt-out at any time. The information you provide when you enter is provided to Sponsor, not to Facebook.
5. Winner Selection:
a. Online Contest: Each photograph submitted must be approved for posting on the Contest website by a member of Company’s photo selection committee. Photos may be approved or rejected based on suitability (for example, no pet or adult photos are appropriate) for the Contest at Company’s sole discretion. Only those photos that are approved for posting will be deemed eligible to win the Contest. All photos that are approved for posting on the Contest website will be deemed “Finalists” for the contest.
The photograph that receives the most public on-line votes will be deemed the winning Contest photograph. One(1) first place winner will be chosen. For purposes of the Contest, a “vote” means a vote cast on the Contest Website, by a “unique voter.” A “unique voter” is an individual person: (a) who has registered on the Contest Website and confirmed their registration by clicking on the email sent to them at the email address they used to register; and (b) with unique registration information (i.e., email address, Facebook profile) that is not duplicative of another voter’s information. In addition to the Disqualification provisions set forth below, if Company determines, in its sole discretion, that an abuse of the “unique voter” rule has occurred, Company may disqualify votes cast by such voters or entrants, including if more than five(5) of such voters or entrants registered from the same computer “IP address” in a single calendar month.
If there is an exact tie in the number of votes cast for two(2) or more photographs, then both winners will receive the prize.
The winner will be notified by phone, email and/or postal mail. The winner will be selected based upon the results of online voting, and will be subject to approval by Company pending confirmation of each such winner’s compliance with these Official Rules. Company’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest.
b. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners by November 8, 2012. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
a. Online Drawing: One (1) winner will win 4 hours of childcare provided by Mommy Relief and $50 VISA Gift Card.
b. For all Prizes: A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
7. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia.
10. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 400 S Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046. Requests must be received by November 30, 2012.